May 24, 2009

Direct Air

File under, I hope that I am wrong. Anonymous posted two comments on my last blog. Yes, I did see the interview by the President of Direct Air in the Telegram, where he "rejected the recession" and I did know about the extension of the sale through Monday.

Based on the e-mails that I have been getting and what I see, I just don't see Direct Air flying in the dog days of summer to Florida and Myrtle Beach. I expect an announcement, like they did in Toledo, that they will discontinue flights, but lets hope they resume their flights in the fall.

In the end, if I am right some might say my "negative" post did not help sell tickets. Although there might be some validity to that comment, I can not help post what I think is to be the truth. Sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was the second anonymous post yesterday. I was just trying to drum up more sales in a hope to prevent a reduction in service. I didn't see it mentioned on the blog and thought it relevant to people interested in flying out of ORH.
P.S. I am just a private citizen with no connection to ORH or Direct Air. Just like the service and do what I can to keep it running through the slow months.

Anonymous said...

Bill told us months ago that Virgin America was going to recall thier planes because of low numbers by the end of that month. It didn't happen and he never mentioned it again.

Bill Randell said...

I said alot of things on this blog. Have I always been right? No.

I did hear from two sources that Virgin was thinking of recalling their jets. Did it happen? NO.

As far as my latest prediction. I guess we will see. Lets hope I am wrong.