September 04, 2006

Fuel Comments

From http://www.airnav.com

From Bob Henry on 08-Apr-2006
Excellent service! Called ahead the day before arrival and they were waiting for me. Avis dropped the car for after hours pickup, n/c. Line personnel were prompt, courteous, diligent and exceedingly helpful. They'll earn your business.

From John Dolan on 18-Mar-2006
Stopped here to visit the Higgins Museum of Armor. Fuel was $4.96 but the waived the $10 parking fee. Very friendly desk person but they'd sell a lot more fuel with a more reasonable price. Avis, in the terminal 200 yards away will drop off the car at the FBO while Enterprise is an off field rental. Museum was worth the visit.

From Steven Oxman on 28-Nov-2005
The people were great, the facilities were nice. Rental car arrangements with Enterprise were great. However, after purchasing over $500 of fuel to top off, they charged me $200 per night to hangar my plane (Twin Beech) for 2 days. So my two day stay there cost me nearly $1,000.00. Going to ORH saved me nothing in expenses compared to BED and I had to drive over one more hour to get anywhere I was going. I think management their needs to rethink their policies if they want business at ORH. I was totally surprised with my bill there.

From John Watkins on 10-Sep-2005
As of 9Sep05 100LL was $5.74/gal. I found a way to park somewhere else on the airport for 8 hours and stopped at Brainard on the way home for $3.95 fuel. Prices at other area airports I called were in the $4-4.50 range. I think Swissport prices are a rip off.

From Dave O'Donahoe on 27-Jun-2005
The security at this airport is ridiculous. Every time I go there I feel as though I have flown back in time behind the iron curtain. I know that this has more to do with Massport than Swissport but combined with expensive gas and high fees it's enough to keep me miffed. If not for the terrific avionics service at the Radio Shop, worth traveling for, I would never go back.

From Ray Lupkad on 03-Jan-2005
Excellent service, easy arrival and departure. Parked right outside of FBO, with good facilities. You are not able to leave unexpectedly at night as the planes are locked on the ramp. Was great to see a significant reduction in fuel prices.

From Paul Hertzberg on 16-Sep-2004
I had an excellent experience last time. The rental car was provided per the arrangements on very short notice, and the fueling was done per plan. Ramp fees were waived with the fuel purchase.

From Mark Coleman on 26-May-2004
I had an average experience but didn't get to meet the manager - :) . I requested a top off, an overnight tie down and a taxi. Taxi came quickly and the plane was topped off when I came back the next day. Not a remarkable place but no complaints with service.

From Tim Roberts on 01-May-2004
Very bad experience. The manager was very determined to make us miserable. However the woman at the front desk was extremely friendly.

From Jim Gilpin on 09-Oct-2003
Called FBO for pricing. Jet A is 3.49/gal with minimum purchase of 80 gal

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any idea when the FBO's lease expires?