June 30, 2009

Selling Your House under Cap and Trade

I heard this on the radio and have been able to confirm.

The cap and trade bill that passed through congress allows for somebody from the government to come into your house and inspect your windows, appliances, A/C, furnace, and anything else that you can think of to make sure your house is on par with the new national building codes. Not only will they inspect your house, but they will then be able to mandate that you, the seller, provide the necessary remedies regardless of cost, within a certain amount of time BEFORE YOU MAY SELL YOUR OWN HOUSE.

Bottom line if you own an older home, you are going to have to spend some money, not pennies either, to meet the standards to be allowed to sell your home?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you heard it right...

Bill Randell said...

Anonymous:

I could be wrong but I heard that on the radio and found it everywhere on the web???


Bill

Anonymous said...

on a aviation note, another airbus went down due to "turbulence" It is well known in the aviation world that planes never crash because of turbulent air. I thought I would throw that out there and see what you guys thought. Bill from Lowell ( now in Worcester!) P.S. congratulations on the milestone Bill, I enjoy stopping by your blog when I can.

Jahn said...

Bill, I heard what you heard over the weekend and again Monday and today.

For the record, I am not Bill nor am I his ears

May be the senate will repeal that portion or blow the whole think outta the water if we get lucky. God global warming isnt even proven. If it passes they say Amer coal mines are in big trouble so they'll just ship the coal over to China where it can pollute over there and then blow over the USA

Ill tell ya right now........one thing he will not get is health.............this guy is PO'ing too many people

Bill Randell said...

can you imagine what this would do to worcester's older housing stock?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, this is NOT the case...http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/captrade.asp
Nice try