September 02, 2009

Response to Ben

My interest in ORH was peaked four years ago, when I read about JetBlue's marketing idea to buy the Embraer 190 and feed their hub (JFK) from smaller feeder airports. I thought why not Worcester be one fo those airports. I started to make calls and do some research, what a mess thus the website and blog. Been alot of fun for me.

At the same time I have learned that ORH is like the Pats before Bill Parcells came and started to turn the franchise around. The management has been wretched and ORH will never became anything until the right mgmt is in place. Although I think we should have tried harder to find other bidders, I look forward to MassPort taking over. Until that happens, we may or we may not keep Direct Air, but that is irrelevant. When MassPort takes over, thie place is going to pop, but until then we really do not have much to talk about.

As for your question on the filming. The exposure can't hurt and I doubt it will affect any flights.... You are right, it should have been on the topic board-- here it is, click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A new reason for hope: AMR, parent company of American Airlines has raised $2.9billion to expand hubs in New York, Chicago, Miami, and Dallas. The company has also ordered 20 Bombardier jets with 70 seats each. Can you imagine flights from Worcester to all four of those cities?

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2009/09/18/airline_raises_29b_will_expand_hubs/