December 30, 2005

Who Is Charley Farley?

Many people have asked me. For the record, I have no idea who Charley Farley is. At first I was not sure what to make of Mr Farley, but I like him.

Unlike many in the airport adminstration, who actually get paid good money to answer questions from the tax-payers but do not, Mr Farley always tells you his opinion backed by facts. Like him, I just do not see how our airport can remain open losing $2,000,000 per year, we can not afford it!!!

Where we differ, however, is that I feel the airport has the potential to be a viable airport, run close to break-even and become a valuable asset to the City of Worcester. At the same time, if we do not see more results, I myself have no problem joining Mr Farley to investigate the scaling back, closing of ORH or interviewing another mgmt company.

The next six months are vital to the future of the airport that is why things like 1) charging for parking, 2) delays in many of these initial Allegiant flights, 3) no wi-fi, 4) no place to sit down and eat, and 5) advertising for Allegiant--where is it? all concern me. These winter months should be our prime revenue producing months.

This is our last chance to make ORH a success.

4 comments:

Joe Gargery said...

I never heard of Charley Farely. Did you take spelling class with your friends in Youngstown who put an H in Worcester?

Charley Farley (an abused taxpayer)
www.closeorh.blogspot.com
abusedtaxpayer@gmail.com

Bill Randell said...

I stand corrected.

Joe Gargery said...

Charley Farley is somply someone who cannot figure out why anyone would want to spend all this taxpayer money for an airport that nobody wants or cares about.

Charley Farley (an abused taxpayer)
www.closeorh.blogspot.com
abusedtaxpayer@gmail.com

Joe Gargery said...

Charley Farley is simply someone who cannot spell 'simply'.

Charley Farley (an abused taxpayer)
www.closeorh.blogspot.com
abusedtaxpayer@gmail.com