August 16, 2008

Providence

Heading down to the Waterfire tonight. Pictures to follow. By the way I was able to to get a preliminary glimpse of chez Paul Collyer this week. Look forward to the bash.

Big party Tuesday to announce the new location income housing project on Armory/Southgate.

Under Construction

  1. Burwick Furniture on Main Street
  2. May Street
  3. Gardner, Kilby & Hammond

Awaiting Construction

  1. Mason Street
  2. Piedmont Street
  3. Armory/Southgate
  4. 93 Grand Street

Recently Finished

  1. Cambridge Street/Hacker
  2. Standish
  3. Odd Fellows

Amogst all of this low income housing projects, is there any private market driven new construction? Nope.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Silly Bloggah! Me and the wife are going down to Providence,RI for Waterfire, too! We are staying at:

http://www.dolcevillari.com/dolce.htm

It's her birthday so hopefully I will get mauled by a cougar!!!

;-P

Harry T
Worcester, MA

Anonymous said...

Wild Will..make sure the next thread is a feel good one..I have been getting depressed lately every time I go to yer blog...I try to mix up some fun stuff along with the Titanic sinking

Anonymous said...

Martin Tire seems to be moving along on Park and I know the tire store further up on Chandler is moving along...they are looking for some bldg upgrade money right now..always sad to see a long ime biz go under

Anonymous said...

Lunchtime!
Oh, the Smith comments. Big deal Bill.
Hiding behind a clown face. Pay attention to my words, not my face.
If my comments are politically incorrect. Well they’re intended to be.
Nothing I say is intended to be taken seriously.
And you shouldn’t take yourself too seriously.

Maybe you think what I post is insulting. That’s nothing compared to the horrendous and ludicrous behavior of elected officials in the chambers of city hall.
Hey I’m acting like a clown - the councilors are clowns.

I can understand that you are trying to establish credibility with this site.
You’re probably thinking everyone at city hall is checking your site to get the latest feedback from the blogging electorate. Yeah, from all 5 posters.

You obviously don’t realize it, but the councilors don’t give a toot what the electorate thinks. The majority is in it for personal gain. The rest… who knows.

What I don’t get Bill.
Melican – the notorious Haller baiter- shows up and goes ballistic and you let it go.
But when I post an innocuous remark about Smith, you freak out.
Is it because you have an issue with Haller and her ilk?
Did someone say hypocrite?