July 24, 2009

Homeowners Insurance

Caught a radio show today with Councilor Rosen and Germain. One of the items that they touched on was home-owners insurance. Maybe you guys should have an insurance expert (not me either) on to discuss an important issue like this??

Although I do not know all the details, I can assure you that the insurance company did not call the sewer back-up that destroyed those poor people's home a flood. In fact if they had flood insurance, they would not cover a sewer back-up with a flood rider. You can get coverage, however, for this by adding this peril (sewer backup), just like any other peril.

I doubt it is very expensive but my only concern is that if you area has a history of sewer backups can you get it??? Don't know. Not a bad idea to advise people to review their policies to see what perils and covered and make sure their stated value guarantees full replacement.

No comments: