July 24, 2009

Note to Rep O'Day

In Winchendon today and I saw an ad for Bud 30 pacs in New Hampshire for 13.99. Now keep in mind there is neither a deposit nor sales tax.

After August 1st, the cheapest you will be able to buy a Bud 30 pac around here will be 18.49 (wholesales cost) plus sales tax (6.25%) then deposits and you pay 21.68. A difference of 7.69. Now divide that by 30 beers and that comes to an extra .25 per beer. Rep O'Day in his editorials said the difference is about a penny a can??? He was only off 2,500%..

Based on this difference how many sales do you think we will lose to New Hampshire. Now consider the people who came from Rhode Island and Connecticut (Yankee Spirits businesses are based on these people in Sturbridge and Attleboro) that will not come to Mass??? This sales tax will result in lower collections just like the increased sales tax on cigs did last year..

1 comment:

Jahn said...

Not to nec. take a swipe at State Rep O'Douls, but this is why we cannot believe what comes out these pols mouths....and this esp. pertains to Obama-Care

Maybe Mr O'Day could explain how he (or one of his staffers) arrived at their #'s?

This notion put forth by all these pols that "hey it's only another penny per can" (or whatever amt) is the same rationale they use for everthing.......thsi adds up though. Ill never forget a certain guy who had a nexus to the Worc public schools once say something to the effect: "It (the cost) only amounts to one Pepperoni pizza per week (or per month) per family. Truly a clueless comment.

Myself, I have to travel to Vt next week and on the way I'll be stopping to pick up about $1,000 worth of taxable items at Sams club in Cow Hampshire...mostly 4 tires. I have a stop to make at place that is 100 yards from a Sam's club that will take me about an hour......same time it takes Sams to do my tires........almost one C Note saved and I even get to deduct the travel on My Mass tax return.........talk about Jahn the double dipper...!!!!

Ask me how guilty I feel about it as I travel passed interstate highway constr that has 4 Mass Staties sitting in their cars and further up the road in another state, one statie "protecting" a similar job and please dont anyway tell me every constr. job is Differrent. This is taxpayer extortion.

Buy Worc...But Local huh........now I see another outta town crew with eqipment evidentally from Quincy doing sidewalks........i also do understand however that the city has bidding laws they have to abide by as well.........just think of me as putting my tires out to bid.....hell. I'll probably get a 30 pack too while I am up there.

Now Poor Mike Obrien has to slash $8M more from city budget which propble reallyt means $10M in thsi fiscal year b/c by the time the cuts are made the fiscal year will be 1/4 over...........yet nowhere do hear anything about privitization initiatives.........school custodians.......firemen.......cafe-teria workers.........teh list is endless...whats now good for Sprfld will soon have to be good for Worc, too......lest we go into receivership