April 03, 2010

Sleepy Chamber

In the past I have often criticized the Chamber for being a one trick pony.  Once per year at tax time they write the same editorial and get on all the radio shows then make a cameo at a City Council meeting.  I have to give credit, where credit is due.  They got involved in the discussions on the sign ordinance and did a very good job representing the interests of the business community.

Lets hope this is the beginning of a new Chamber.    Here we have a new housing policy that will be good for our Commercial tax base.  The Chamber of "Commerce" should be all over this.

1 comment:

signman said...

Bill

I have worked with Mike at the chamber and he has been great..My feelings though is that someone in the city will contact someone high up in the chamber and ask them to back off.. hopefully not...I am hoping a follow up letter goes out on this sign issue... I am going to go to council and follow -up.... but the truth is...it is a done deal..as the planning board... they did not listen... only one business minded person there and only two on zonings..