April 27, 2008

Green Hill

Great story about public golf courses in the newspaper today. The golf pro at Gardner Municipal Country Club is paid 50,500 per year, which I assume includes benefits maybe not, and he gets to keep profits from the pro shop sales and golf cart rentals as well as doing private lessons. What a racket, where can I sign up for that. Granted the golf pro has some expenses, which he maintains to be about $60,000 grand per year but I net you he nets at least another $60,000 from the golf cart rentals and pro shop profits on top of his $50,000 per year salary.

Municipally owned golf courses need to be privatized, via a long term lease or outright sold. Myself I am not a big fan of selling the course but having a private golf management company taking over the course for 20 years is fine by me. No different then the management company that runs the DCU Center.

No comments: