The dual tax system has simply pitted residential property owners against commercial property owners. What has happened?
- The Commercial tax base has eroded
- As a result Residential and Commercial property owners end up having to pay more taxes when the base erodes
- Residential Property tax owners feeling the pinch, want the "lowest residential" each year. Since they have more votes they get it,
- The Commercial tax base erodes further
- Both Residential and Commercial property owners get him harder
- Residents sceam "lowest" residential and get it
- The Commercial tax base erodes more
The next best thing is that we pass any increases or decreases along in the same percentage. That way we end this Residential versus Commercial property owner. The truth is we are all in this together and an equal increase or decrease would facilitate this..
Instead of fighting of rates, we can address issues that will increase the tax base thus lower any increases next year. Like what:
- Philly Plan
- Support RKG Housing Plan