- none of abutters support the project, not to be confused with community support. Developers will say there is community support, which means people that do not live or own property in the neighborhood.
- we are already way beyond the 10% low affordable housing requirement
- the South Worcester Master Plan calls for development of owner oocupied units not 25 unit apartment buildings
- when the developer could not get the support of the abutter for various variances, they simply changed the plan to avoid any variances
- my favorite, the plans include a bocci court. Handball or volleyball court maybe, but a frigin bocci court!!
- one other thing. The developer flips the property into the hands of South Worcester so they can get EPA grants since South Worcester is a non--profit. Once the work is completed then they will flip the property back .
- imagine they wil ask for a waiver of all water and sewer connections
- imagine they will also ask the city to pay for sidewalk repairs
Why is the City of Worcester giving this project 750,000??? How is that for staying neutral. The thing that really bothers me about this whole project is that it is the South Worcester Neighborhood's job to protect the neighborhood from developments like this. Not only are they not protesting against this, but they are a 50% partner in the project.