February 18, 2010

Task Forces

I was on one for the Pilot Program about 6 years ago. The end result was awesome mainly due to Jim Leary, CEO for Cities and the interns from Holy Cross.

Implemented the recommendations was horrible!!!! We created the Univercity Partnerhsip with Armand Carriere as the Executive Director--what a joke that was. One of our recommendations was to hook-up college interns with groups like the Chandler Business Group. One day I called Armand, explained how I was on the task force and how we could use some interns. He was completely baffled as to why I called him?? No lie, I spoke to him for 10 minutes and he still could not understand what I was asking.

Another recommendation was that we meet two years later so we can actually review our recomendations and determine if any we met. We never met, although I asked more then once. Bottom line, I am confident that this task force will make good recommendations, but not so confident any will implemented.

No comments: