February 23, 2009

Worcester Catchment Area

I saw an article about how the person at Manchester said he was not worried about SouthWest going into Boston and I agree with him. He should, however, be very worried about MassPort taking complete control of ORH.

I fly, my wife fly and my immediately family flies on average about 10-15 times per year. I can say that only 1/3 of the time that we go to Boston and may be on the high side Our first preference is TF Green followed by Bradley and Manchester. Now from other people I talk to, I would say that is pretty much average. Ironcially they are all about one hours drive from Worcester?

If MassPort were to get Virgin/Southwest/JetBlue to fly some direct flights to Florida out of ORH? This would hurt all three of these airports in surrounding states big time. Telling you right now MassPort is goiing to be great.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that if DirectAir don't Capitalize right now their flights out ORH, adding more flights/destinations, they will not be able to compete with the bigger airlines once they come in.

Bill Randell said...

DirectAir is very limited as to what they can do with leased planes.

Truth is if we did in fact get a Southwest/JetBlue/Virgin here, DirectAir would most likely move on to another airport like Portsmouth.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know if the buyout of CSXs railroad right of way from Worc to Framingham (and beyond??) is part of Devals Transp Plan

Bill Randell said...

Jahn

Great question--kind of forgot about that

Bill