April 15, 2009

TIF For City Square

Telegram Story

I kind of knew once Hanover received a 7 year freezing of their assessed value and waiving of all their permitting fees, Berkeley would want the same thing. In fact I commented to that effect many times.

Overall I think both TIFs are good for Worcester and can only help expand our tax base. My only concern is that I hope there is something in the TIF that prevents City Square and Hanover to sell the property at the end of the TIF to a non-profit entity.

Now we need to expand upon this and target certain areas and or parcels of properties to lock in their current assessment for 10 years and waive permitting fees:

  • South Worcester Industrial Park
  • Wyman Gordon Parcel
  • Targeted abandoned buildings
  • Downtown District

No comments: