May 13, 2010

Rumor Mill

Best Buy to close at Greendale Mall.  I was big on this when I heard that they were opening the Route 146 location then it kind of died down.   Now that the 146 Mall has opened and the numbers are falling into place.  I am hearing Best Buy at the Greendale Mall is done.

Also the new WalMart is doing big numbers but not the numbers that they projected.   The weird thing is that their numbers seem to be spread all over the place.  In other words not just one store is hurting, but alot of stores have felt a little hit.  At the same time a hit that they expected and planned.

Unlike the Market Basket in Oxford which was a complete home run and still is, the Walmart in Quinsigamond Village right now is only a single.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Market Basket is wonderful -- saves me a trip to Clinton or Leominster to shop at Hannaford. Prices & quality at Market Basket & Hannaford are comparable -- and both are way better than the big Worcester chains.

I mostly avoid WallyWorld unless I have no other choice.

Jahn said...

I have to wonder if maybe Best Bye Bye is headquatered in Arizona?

Bill, is Arizona Iced tea still a non alcoholic libation of sorts for perspiring Americans in Juy & August. Last I knew a few years ago it was still a rather popular beverage.

So..........meanwhile back at the city hall ranch Rushton and Company are beating up the state of AZ...whilst another major retail outlet is strongly rumuoed to be exiting Wormtown. Sometimes I get a sense of misplaced priorties. Must just be me I guess??

John said...

Just bought me a nice new Hybrid 3 golf club from Ping. They are manufactured in Phoenix

Anonymous said...

Jahn:

LOL! Best Buy is headquarted in Minnesota...

Harry T
Worcester,MA