- The sign portion is a positive step, but still allows up to 50% of the windows to be covered. Not sure what is "historic" about this?
- I have heard the Chamber of Commerce did not oppose this since it was would mainly only hurt the biggger chain stores not the small stores. I can think of some smaller independently owned pharmacies around the City of Worcester, who may think differently. Shouldn't the Chamber represent the interest of both small and big business?
- A woman from UMASS said this will save the City of Worcester $45 million dollars?
- Anything that we try to pass will result in lawsuits as evidenced by the apprearance of a lawyer from a cigarette company, who flew out from Illinois to talk 3 minutes. Do we have extra money to spend defending this ordinance?
- If you had regular prescriptions and bought your cigarettes, when you went to the pharmacy and lived on the city borders. Maybe you would move your prescription two miles into one of the surrounding towns?
- Question?? Seriously. Walmart sells prescriptions does this mean that they can no longer sell cigarettes??? Same for Target?
- Kudos to Kate Toomey.
The Suicide Paradox (Rebroadcast) - There are more than twice as many suicides as murders in the U.S., but suicide attracts far less scrutiny. Freakonomics Radio digs through the numbers an...
18 hours ago