April 09, 2011

Southgate Place

Story in Worcester Wired.

Please read.  I really do not know where to start?  
  • First off, I bet you the project does look nice inside. Keep in mind $7,000,000 for 25 units equates to 280,000 per unit.  It better look good???   The cost of the project never mentioned in the story by the way?   
  • How this project "breathes life" into the South Worcester Industrial Park completely escapes me.  This project does absolutely nothing to help the Industrial Park.   Ironically if the Indusrtial Park does briing high-paying jobs and if a tenant of Southgate Place gets a high paying job, they would most likely not qualify to live there anymore and have to leave? 
  • Now I am hearing talk of Phase 2??    
  • When is enough enough??     

Really look forward to reading the comments after you read the story in Worcester Wired.

Thanks

Bill

2 comments:

Jahn said...

I have a premonition.

Jim McGovern will come home to Worcester for 3 days and 2 nights soon (BTW the man lives in DC about 335 days per year...10 days in South Yarmouth....20 days in Worcester).

So the Nurses are are whining again. $45 to $55 per hour nurses with about 99% job security....whining.i mean when is the last time peopel stopped getting sick? Frankly, I hope Vanguard becomes Canguard and cans em all and I have an Appt. there wednesday.

Expect Jim Mcgovern (Barack Obriens mentor) to pay the picket lines a visit or too in the knot two dizdant phuture.

Speakign of the future....back to teh future..circa 1900....BTR (British Tire & Rubber) was going to buy out Norton Co. and there's Jim (at the time a DC lackey) on the protest line in the Village of Greendale firing up the factory masses b/c of their concern of what BTR would do to Norton's future in Worcester.

Back to the future...mid 90's and there's Congressman Jim protesting with the factory guys re: voting in the UAW at the now St Gobain...St Gobain allegedly being a white knight that saved norton from BTR UAW gets voted in on the white knight..nice ....huh???

Back to the future.....circa 1999....there's the St Gobain guys de certifying the union..and where's Waldo...opps I Mean Jimbo.....no where to be found.

[Dates may not be exact, but you get the idea]

Hey Jim we need a Dept of Peace at St V's. Stay the hell away and stop riling up the masses

Unknown said...

hi, I was looking for pictures for this project and came across this post. My name is Ann, i am a single mother of three. I fled a domestic violence situation, and landed in a shelter. I have been homless since august, and it has been horrible on my children and me. The other day i got a letter that has changed my life, A apartment became available sec. 8.. 3 bedrrom. I understand that you are funsterated and pissed that the city went against origional plans, but i must say i am glad and blessed, because now my children and i will have a chance to get back on our feet, and start a new life.