September 05, 2008

Myrtle Beach Direct Air Now Direct Air

Just clicked on it Myrtle Beach Direct Air.com , like I have done for months, last night and this morning.

It does not go to Myrtle Beach Direct anymore, but goes to pretty much the same sight, the same phone numbers but is now lists Virgina America, not JetBlue, and now calls itself Direct Air. Why did they change names? As a businessman, any time someone changes names, it sends up red flags to me. Do they owe people money?

It also lists Worcester as a City, but the only destination that comes up is Myrtle Beach and Punta Gorda not even listed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could be seen as a red flag but my business changed names only to be more of a more recognizable name. Personally I think Direct Air sounds better.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't make sense to buy a ticket from Myrtle Beach Direct Air to go from Worcester to Florida, does it?

John said...

I went to the site & priced out 2 tickets to Punta Gorda non-stop in November for 79$ one way. About the same time last year we flew to Ft Myers for 150$ one way from Boston

Bill Randell said...

John:

Am I doing something wrong? I do not see Punta Gorda as an option looking for tickets.

Bill

Bill Randell said...

I now see Fort Myers/Punta Gorda but still can not make a direct connection from Worcester.

Calling Punta Gorda Fort Myers reminds me of when Skybus called Chicopee Hartford.

Anonymous said...

There is a silver lining in this with Direct Air using Virgin America jets, if they keep getting consistantly good loads ...75% and up (heh,heh! ...I said "good loads") then it might entice Virgin America to come here and maybe start service to let's say, Chicago, NYC, Washington, etc...

Just thinking positive.

Harry T
Worcester , MA

Anonymous said...

...see what I mean?


http://www.virginamerica.com/va/infoDeskRouteMap.do

Harry T
Worcester, MA

bud said...

What's there to complain about - non stop service $79 what a deal I got - and they have great airplanes.Maybe everyoe should support these people to make sure they stay.