January 17, 2010

Scott Brown Rally

Showed up a little after 3PM expecting to walk into Mechanics Hall. Walking down Main Street, I was a little surprised to see that the streets had been blocked off? By the tme I actually got to Mechanics Hall, I was amongst a crowd of at least 3,000 people, who were told that Mechanics Hall was full.

We were then directed to go to either the Crown Plaza Hotel of Brown HQ on Grafton Steet. Pretty much all the crown, walked to the Crown Plaza, not sure why? I waited for Paul Colyer, then we walked to Crown Plaza, only to see much of the crowd walking back at us? Turns out the Crown Plaza filled up and nobody else was allowed in.

When all else fails, Paul and I went to the Irish Times for a beer/wings and watch the football game. Ironically we sat next to a guy, who drove in from NH just to watch "old time politics". Bottom line I would estimate conservatively that there were 3,000 people outside waiting to get inside Mechanics Hall. How many were actually in Mechanics Hall, I have no idea.

Never seen anything like this in my life. Paul will have better coverage of this, check out his blog.

3 comments:

Jahn said...

Mr Wm Randell, Jr......to steal a phrase from you....is it just me..........or does anyone else see the symbolism of Senors

a. John Kerry,

b. Jim Mcgovern,

c. Tim Murray and,

d. Joe OBrien

reportedly (per T&G) standing on the steps of what I would describe as the vacant, empty, deteriorating, crumbling, out dated, gray hulk of a structure called the Worcester Memorial Auditorium holding a rally for the person I have dubbed, Martha Croakly.

Please understand, this is in no meant to defame or disparage what that building memorializes i.e. those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in WWI.....all 300,000...esp those from the Worc area.

Ya know for the city to let that bulidng fall into such a state of disrepair is truly pitiable. Typical of too many city owed buildings, nothing is maintained.........and we want to build a park along Lake avenue, new swimming pool(s?), a Canal district. How long before Union Station falls into a state of disrepair.

Did someone come up with an idea awhile back to re make that place in to a home for soldiers who are truly physically handicapped from war related injuries?

Unknown said...

THAT A BOY! GO BROWN GO!

I came here to see who you were voting for, and I am glad to say you saw the light!

SCOTT BROWN FOR MA SENATE!

JSF said...

If watching football and drinking beer constitutes support, I guess I was supporting him too.