March 20, 2010

47 Mason Street

Pictured above,    Why bother writing terms into a deed or write up an LDA, Land Disposition Agreement, if none of the terms are enforced.

The City of Worcester should do an audit of all properties disposed via the RFP process, or for that matter outside the RFP process, that had any special terms/deadlines added to the deed or put into an LDA to see how many out them are out of compliance.  

Next time an RFP that is written for land, I am going to bid, write up whatever is asked for,  hopefully win the bid and then do whatever I want paying no attention to what I agreed to.  Why not?  Nobody enforces any of the terms. In retrospect, we will see that the RFP process was used to take back tax-title properties, that the  Treasurer would have auctioned to the higest bidder, and steer them to friends who then developed no-lo housing.   This was a huge mistake.

3 comments:

JAHN said...

Bill I agree w/what you're saying 110% about 47 Mason St

I just looked up that address and couldnt help but notice that the land was was transferred from Mason Winfield LLC to a DB Dev'ment. Double check me though.

I thought that once the RFP was awarded and title transferred that the only ones who could take subsequent title to the land were first time low income homebuyers? Seems thsi DB LLC took title to it. What up with that?

I will also tell you that when this RFP was awarded UP TO $25,000 in Home Funds were available per unit. If & when these units ever sell, you wait and see how much in Home Funds are granted. I will bet you my right arm it is more than the $25,000 maximum allowed per the RFP.

They already pulled this exact same baloney (i.e. granting excessive Home funds) with another favored player. Let's see if the audit of Neighborhood Services Office uncovers it. I'll betcha my left arm it is never mentioned in teh audit...unless the city auditors reads this blogs.

Bill Randell said...

For me and you the cap would have been 25,000. Not for friends of the people, who put out th RFP. Sky is the limit.

Seriously pull out the original terms of any of these RFP's then see what was agreed to, then compare it versus what has happened. You will be horrified.

signman said...

what bothers me the most is the fact that there was two different local business men that were interested in that property. They put out the RFP and the players involved who got it knew about the property and the businessmen were basically told that they (the city) wanted residential and don't bother bidding. Knowing both businessmen I know the property would have ben developed by now. You would think the council would ask why? Should that be a requested report...One of the businessmen is still interested in the property... should the CBA/CDC help push the city to give it back and do another RFP... Might open a can of worms... I also believe there is property along Main St that has not been developed yet same story.. sold it to someone they knew where a local businessman wanted it to put up a commercial building..