1) Massport: Interim chief David Mackey was aware of their shaky financial conditions to the extent he says in an -email "there is no question it is operating on shoe string". If you believe this should you not.
- Ask for an accounting of the tickets sales monies that are suppose to be safe in their escrow account
- Not allow them to sell vouchers or memberships, which did not go in the escrow account but directly into their general operating account.
2) Airport Direct Andy Davis knew about the company financial problems:
- the company handling the ground operations had not been paid.
- in fact he sent an e-mail to Ed Warneck on February 22nd mentioning overdue bills and an extremely large volume of complaints.
In facts he tells one person in an e-mail dated February 12th "Direct Air's service has been extremely successful out of Worcester and continue to grow". One month later, Direct Air closes their doors. Makes you ownder if that person in fact bought tickets after this e-mail response from Andy Davis.
3) No inkling of impending implosion. I seen this coming? Predicted their demise last fall by Ground Hog's Day and warned people not do business with them. Not being a Monday morning quarter back either, read my blog. These guys seen it coming too, who are they kidding, as evidenced by their own e-mails.
They need to say that they are shocked since they (MassPort and our Airport Director) did nothing to look out for our monies. They should have forced Direct Air not to sell and memberships or vouchers and demand an outside audit of their escrow account. If they did not, stop giving them money and cut ties with them.
Instead they did nothing and actually encouraged people to keep doing business with Direct Air.