December 13, 2006

WCCA

The Worcester Municipal Research Bureau just putting out a report suggesting that we close WCCA. To be honest I am not sure how I feel about that other then it kind of amazes me how there we are so concerned when Green Hill loses $100,000 or the closure of WCCA can save the City of Worcester 600,000, but we have an airport losing money consistently for years now at $2,000,000 per year. Even with the subsidy from MassPort, it will cost the tax-payers of Worcester over $1,000,000 this year.

Maybe this is an apples and oranges comparison but I bet you over the next month we will hear all sorts of discussion as to whether we should keep or close WCCA, while there is no discussions on the airport. Seems a little disproportionate especially when we have 199 days until the end of the current MassPort operating agreement.

3 comments:

Bill Randell said...

Too bad WCCA could not be there tonight to film the Master Plan

Anonymous said...

Hate to admit this.......but just to show you how important WCCA is to some people..........I could nt figure out what it was until you just posted.

I was thinknkg Worc Comm Action ......or

Worc. Council something or other ....or

Worc. Common something or other

Bill Randell said...

Again I am not the biggest fan of WCCA, but on my priority list I think it pales in comparison to an issue like the airport.