August 15, 2010

Thank you bloggers

Don't know why I started doing this?   Actually, I do kind of....        Many times people would ask me to shut up,  run for office,  and work to make changes.   Right now in my life, however, I simply can neither afford to nor have the time to "run for office".   Although some day, I hope when I am retired I will be able to run and say:

  1. don't want the pay 
  2. opt out of the benefits
  3. pledge that I will only run for two terms
In the meantime I have this blog to try and make a difference?  Maybe I haven't or maybe I have--who knows..    More importantly, I have enjoyed doing it and have made alot of great friends .  

The one thing I have learned to appreciate more then anything else, however, is the other bloggers.   Even those I don't agree with, they are all good and make me think.     On the other hand, it really bothers me that more public officials (other then Tracey Novick) don't use blogs to explain their positions and get feedback.    

Tonight, I just want to thank all the other bloggers, Jeff in particular, for doing what you do.    I truly believe we are making a difference. 


Thanks,

Bill Randell

5 comments:

Sprout said...

And thank you too. I think we are all a bit surprised at how the bloggers have become a "community" and share in each others triumphs and tragedies.

Anonymous said...

Sutner's piece today says it all. Much of that piece could have been wrote from what was blogged on here recently.

T&G bloggers lately seem to have themes eerily similar to themes initiated discussed on Bill's blog.

The above are not mere coincidences.

Anonymous said...

Run for office... a joke right?

Paulie's Point of View said...

I am not moving to Holden to vote for you:>)

Tracy Novick said...

Only saw this once it made WoMag, Bill, as I've been out of town. Agreed, and thanks for the mention.