December 26, 2005

Youngstown Airport

Sometimes I wonder why I ever started these efforts to help revive the airport. I have met alot of great people but have been amazed how our efforts have been received by some who run the airport???? Considering it was us 18 months ago, before $100,000 was spent on IMG not to mention another $50,000 on sales presentations , that targeted second-tier airlines like Allegiant, Hooters and USA3000.

The people who I have met are not limited to just Worcester. I have received several e-mails from people around the country at other airports and airlines asking questions. Over the week-end I received an e-mail from a person, who like us, created his own web page for the Youngstown Airport. It is real good and they are in a similar situation as ORH with no passengers surrounded by successful airports.

It looks like they will also be receiving service from Allegiant as well as Hooters, or so it is rumored. Maybe an airport like Worcester should work with secondary airports like Portsmouth (especially since that is where are new assistant City Manager is from) and places like Youngstown to attract Allegiants, Hooters and USA3000??

Good to know that their our other, as our airport chairman called us, "special interest groups" in the country who, like us, not only want their local airport to succeed but put themselves on the line to make it happen.

2 comments:

Continue to Spread the Word!!! said...

I appreciate your nice comments and hope to do an interview tomorrow!

Good Luck with Allegiant!

Joe Gargery said...

"Sometimes I wonder why I ever started these efforts to help revive the airport"

I wonder the same thing.

What do you stand to gain from this effort? Free airline tickets? Maybe one of those sweet lease deals at the industrial park?