February 20, 2006

Allegiant To Vegas

Recently I took a flight from Providence to Fort Lauderdale. My ticket looked like it was direct but we ended up stopping in Tampe, where people were dropped off and picked up.. This got me to thinking.

Why can't Allegiant run a Worcester to Vegas flight and work with any of the cities in the Mid-West, that already fly to Vegas, to fill a plane?? Lets assume, for arguements sake, that Cedar Rapids has low load factors to Vegas--would it make sense to team up with them to fill a plane??

I do not know the answers to any of these questions but adding Vegas as a destination out of ORH would be great.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is a great idea too. If Allegiant flew to Vegas through Rockford/Chicago it would add two popular destinations in one flight.

Bill Randell said...

Tim:

Good point.. The possibilities are endless.. What if we worked with Youngstown to get a Las Vegas flight. ORH-YNG-LAS.

Between ORH and YNG, we would surely fill the flight. In addition people could also use Youngstown as an alternative to Pittsburgh/Canton?? Same thing applies in reverse..

Allegiant is flying to alot of destinations in the MidWest that people could take advantgae under of under the auspices of a Vegas flight.

Continue to Spread the Word!!! said...

Ya I thought of that too. I heard Allegiant may be going to Gary and I think that be perfect trade off. Gary Intl. is a hell of a lot closer to Chicago than RFD and even to Notre Dame; add to the fact they are investing 50+ Million Into It.

It is a win win situation, unless you hate 1 stoppers.

Bill Randell said...

I need to check my maps... I am not 100% convinced that we could fill Gary-ORH or YNG-ORH flight, but if we tagged it along with people flying on to Vegas, there is no doubt that it would be full.