November 15, 2006

Airtran & Frontier

Low-fare carriers AirTran Airways (AAI - commentary - Cramer's Take - Rating) and Frontier Airlines (FRNT - commentary - Cramer's Take - Rating) say they will team up in a partnership to jointly offer frequent flier miles to passengers on either airline.

The move enables each carrier to use its partner's frequent flier programs to attract new passengers from outside its network. AirTran serves 51 cities, mostly in the East, from its Atlanta hub, while Frontier flies to 55 cities, mainly in the West, from its Denver base. Between Atlanta and Denver, each carrier has three daily flights.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw on the airport website that the final master plan meeting is schedule for December 13th at the airport.

Anonymous said...

Looks like an RFP was issued on 11/13/06 for Hanger and support services also on the airport website

Bill Randell said...

tim and w.t:

Thanks.. Next logical question are we going to advertise the RFP anywhere so that people can see it other then the flyworcester website??

Bill

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am new to your blogsite, and was wondering what an RFP is? I apologize for my lack of knowledge on this subject.

Anonymous said...

D.A. welcome to the blog. RFP stands for Request for Proposal.

Anonymous said...

I know I am kind of late with this comment, but does this basically eliminate us from getting AirTran/Frontier atleast for now???

Dave from Worcester

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I left a few things out. I saw how IMG didn't get us on the "next city" ballot, that is why I posted that comment.

Dave from Worcester