November 18, 2008

HELP... E-Mail I received



I live in Worcester and I am in the process of buying one of these prop powered hang gliders. I was wondering if I could launch and land this craft at the Worcester Airport, I only need 50 yards to take off and about 100 yards to land. I am trying to find a contact for the sterling airport to see if I could use their property but have no contact info for them. Is there a fee that I would need to pay to use the airport facility for this hobby?

Thanks

Kevin Taylor

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do not fly this thing until you have taken instruction. Even if you've flown hang gliders, this is different.

Ask your instructor where you can operate it.

In general, you need to establish radio communication with the tower before taking off and landing at the Worcester Airport.

This would be covered under part 103 of the Federal Aviation Regulations.

The phone number for the Sterling Airport is 508-422-8860.

You could also try the Spencer Airport at 508-885-5060.

Anonymous said...

Direct Air Pesident will be on Jordan Levy show today Tuesday @ 3pm. Call in and give your support!!

Bill Randell said...

Why would someone put a comment in anonymously to ask for support??

It would be nice if these "anonymous" people would actually leave a name.

Bill

Anonymous said...

Just go to any old field and go from there. We have a few of them take off and land out here in Barre. Don't know where they are from.