January 23, 2006

Charley Farley Front Page Story

You heard it right. Charley Farley made the front page of the Telegram and was the talk of the Hank Stoltz show on WTAG this morning.. As I have said many times, I disagree with Charley that we should close the airport but he has a right to state his opinion especially when he bases it on facts. Review his blog http://www.closeorh.com , it looks pretty factual to me although clouded in sarcasm.

What particular caught my attention was this quote from our airport commissioner. “I’m really frustrated with this guy (Charley Farley), and I despise people who hide and don’t reveal themselves,” said Mr. Nemeth, inviting Mr. Farley to an Airport Commission meeting. “I have no problem with him coming forward and having a dialogue with us on the airport.”

That is good to hear since we are not anonymous, I look forwad to having dialogue on the questions/requests below:

  1. The most recent qtrly report to the DOT showing how our 455,000 of grant monies have been spent to date.
  2. On top of the 100,000 that we paid for the IMG report, did we contract with them at cost of another 50,000 to prepare presentations to the targeted airlines identified in the IMG report
  3. Can you forward a copy of the 1st monthly parking report (Dec) from LAZ mgmt.
  4. Please make the qtrly DOT grant report and the monthly report from LAZ parking of the monthly meetings.
  5. As of December 31, 2005, we are six months in to this fiscal year can you try to find out how much money we lost so far.

Please note I e-mailed this to Mr Nemeth.

2 comments:

Continue to Spread the Word!!! said...

Charley Farley mess is so bad; his blog appears to have shut down. I hope he comes forward because when he does he will show his family and friends the true idiotic side of him.

FlyYNG

Anonymous said...

Charley is probably one of those people who opposes the airport access road.
ORH will flourish if dealt with correctly. Remember the ORH of the 80's?