June 26, 2006

WTAG at ORH

WTAG Hank and Sherman Show were at ORH for the 100th flight this morning doing a live feed. This is great idea and the type of exposure that ORH needs to have more of. Overall I thought the show was very positive from what I heard, including Tim MacDonald's comments in regards to his flight in January.

Couple of quick points, however:


  • Allegiant is not going to add more Sanford flights to ORH when the loads are 72%. We should be asking when Allegiant may add another Florida destination like St Pete's. In addition, Allegiant will never fly to Vegas with their current fleet from ORH.
  • Surveys? One caller asked for more surveys. There is absolutely no need for another survey or more consultant studies.
  • Our number one goal right now should be an NYC shuttle to JFK on either JetBlue or Mesa. Once a flier out of ORH gets to JFK you can fly direct anywhere around the world and outside the country.
  • VLJ's could be the next major innovation in aviation. Invite Linear to ORH?
  • All of this can be done without an access road

Our next two goals thus should be trying

  1. Top of Allegiant's list for their 2nd Florida destination
  2. Shuttle to a major hub like JFK
  3. Linear Air invite to ORH

Thanks

Bill

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allegiant is closer to RSW than PIE fyi.

Bill Randell said...

RSW? I had to look it up. Stand for Fort Myers.

While PIE St Pete's.

Anonymous said...

Bill, what is the status of an invitation for Linear Air to come for a visit? Let's make it happen! Don't wait for the administration to send it out. Bring people to the table! And how about suggesting that the T+G publish a story with the numbers you have calculated we will be losing, no matter how speculative they are?

Bill Randell said...

Tom:

I say a few of us get together this week and have an open invite to whoever wants to attend?



Bill

Anonymous said...

I know what RSW and PIE are, I'm just saying I believe Allegiant will go to RSW before they go to PIE, thats from some insider sources.

Bill Randell said...

YNG:

I know you know what they stand for, but I did not and I doubt many of the other readers did. Put up the names, versus the airport codes, for myself and others not you.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I missed it here somewhere, but what is it about Allegiants fleet that is preventing Vegas flights?
With the number of colleges in town an inexpensive red eye would likely lap any FL destinations in no time. Seems like a no brainer for ORH.

Anonymous said...

"Paxton", I would bet that corporate Allegiant has looked at the numbers and concluded it would not turn a profit. Thought Denver was #1 destination from central MA. What numbers do you have, other than personal/ speculative, that it would be profitable? I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I would want to present hard numbers before stating that it's a "no-brainer". Possible that size a/c cannot fit at ORH w/ fuel and full manifest.

Anonymous said...

The numbers are fuzzy Tom as the LV visitor profile has the average age of the respondents as 40 something. Speaking only from my personal experience with my personal demographic, under 34 of gainful employment, Vegas is the destination of choice. America West does a red eye, or did, out of BOS that was made famous in the book 'Bringing Down the House' as it was the transportation chose of the MIT black jack team. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Disney being a destination from Worcester or Denver for that matter. I am saying that Worcester has a long history of selling 'family oriented' services and I'm not convinced thats where our real market lies. Do I have hard numbers? Absolutely not, because nobody has ever successfully captured the attention of the mythical 21-34 demographic in this area, ever. But we're talking 34,000 in the college consortium alone. If you were to ask that demographic if they would prefer spending a few grand for a week in Disney or a few hundred for a weekend in Vegas, smart money would be on Vegas.