October 04, 2010

John Fresolo's Answers

1) Do you support or oppose the repeal of sales tax on alcoholic beverages?
I support the repeal of the sales tax on alcoholic beverages. During the last budget deliberations (FY11), I voted against the entire budget because it included the increased sales tax on alcoholic beverages.

2) Do you support or oppose the cut in the sales tax from 6.25% to 3%?
I oppose the rollback of the sales tax to 3%;  however, I would support bringing the sales tax back to 5%.  I originally voted against the increase to 6.25%, feeling the sales tax should have been left where it was at 5%.
 
3) If the voters approve rolling back the sales tax or the income tax, will you honor the voters wishes?   
To know for certain, I would need to see some facts on the effects that a 3% sales tax would have on the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.   However, I am leaning towards honoring the voters' wishes if they were to do so.

4) Small business is a key part of the economic recovery in Massachusetts, what are your plans to facilitate effective support of small businesses?
I've always supported any economic package that includes tax incentives for small businesses that put new people to work.  Small businesses that help to develop the workforce should be rewarded.  I also support limiting taxes in general.  The best thing I can do as a Legislator is to lower the individual tax burdens which enables people to spend more money in their local communities and small businesses. 


5) Grassroot Community Based Organizations (CBO) are an integral part of community development, what will you do to secure funding for local CBO’s and prevent 9C cuts during the budget process?
I will speak directly with House Leadership to try to secure that funding for CBO's is included in the budget.  As for 9C cuts, the Governor has complete control over what is cut and what isn't.   My only ability as a Legislator is to advocate against such cuts by contacting the Governor and Lieutenant Governor's office to voice my opposition.

1 comment:

Bill Randell said...

I was not able to cut and past State Rep's Fresolo's answers and typed them in myself. Originally I made some spelling mistakes that I corrected.

My apologies to the State Rep Fresolo.