January 21, 2010

Worcester Magazine


Story today on affordable housing. There are some quotes in there from the Chandler Business Group. Try to pick up the magazine today. Accepting nominations for a name to the attached picture to your right.
My favorite part--this is exactly what the City of Worcester needs;
A bill working its way through the Massachusetts House would change the way housing is funded by the state. The Gateway Cities Bill would establish a market-rate housing tax credit that would award $25 million annually to projects only in the eleven “Gateway” cities, and includes provisions for developing non-residential properties into housing as well as new construction and the rehab of existing buildings, something for which both Lukes and City
Manager Michael O’Brien have lobbied.
The bill also calls for tax breaks for homeowners renovating their property, providing a tax credit of up to 25 percent of the home’s value.

6 comments:

Jahn said...

wE NEED TO BE INCENTIVIZED............a.k.a. what do I win????....how many entries are allowed per blogger?.............but I'll dip my toes in the water anyway.

"The 224 Jive Five"

(donde' Caesar?)

Bill Randell said...

Autographed picture by the 5 of us... "The 224 Jive Five" is horrible.

How about in honor of GrandMaster Flash and the Furious Five?

Jahn said...

The CBA Five-0

Nolo Busters


I give up

Jahn said...

"Is it just me"??

Has anyone else ever felt so good on the 3rd week of January in all their years In Worcester as I have been feeling the last 2 days or so.........i.e. felt so good w/o the use of mind altering substances??

OMG Word Verification: "Drible"..no jokes now !!!!!!

signman said...

They say things happen in three's

Anonymous said...

too bad this crew wasn't around to confront cesar, I'd run if I saw you coming at me like that from Paulie's place.

Dave M