February 26, 2010

Dr Morgan

I read the story in the newspaper the other day. Am I missing something? What exactly is the story here? Honestly I am not being a wise guy, did I miss something? Was there another story?

My roommate from college is an anesthesiologist. He has been doing it for 20 years and one of the calmest nicest guys you ever meet. One of the things he does tell me, however, is that the stress can really be at time unimaginable. He has told me that, sooner then later, he will just turn in his license and retire. He has a boatload of money saved. Maybe that what he is doing?

Then I read the part about a drunk driving charge? Come on 2003? That was almost 7 years ago? Low blow... Maybe this will become a story, but as far as I can tell the mere fact a doctor turns in his license is not newsworthy.

3 comments:

Paul Shea said...

I've met Dr. Morgan a couple times although he probably wouldn't remember me. A friend of mine is friends with one of his daughters and I went to a cookout at his house once. He's very nice and I think he's an awesome guy. But the article in the T&G said that he is being investigated for unspecified allegations. Therefore, I have to assume he turned his license in for more than just stress and retirement. Something else is going on if he is being investigated. I agree though that bringing up the DUI charge was a low blow. I guess the T&G is suggesting that the investigation has something to do with his alcohol abuse. Working well intoxicated maybe? Just guessing here, i have no facts at all.

Bill Randell said...

Paul:

I actually missed the part that "investigated for unspecified reasons". Maybe you need to wait until these reasons become known before you write the story?

Mentioning the part about the drunk driving in 2003 will only make people come up to the same conclusion that you have laid out. Don't hink that is very fair??

Bill

Jahn Morgan said...

When we discussed supermarkets and Park Ave. the other day, was De Mooooooulas mentioned as possible suitor for a Park Ave site?

If it was sorry for the redundancy, but certain junk food route men/vendor(s) are talking about a new possible Park Ave customer. From Camaros to Cheetos?? Do they still make Camaros?

Rumor plausiblity on a 1 to 10 scale, 10 being the highest 3.7.

Where is this Dr Morgan story? Any relation to John Morgan of Cape Cod fame? John could imbide booze for a 4 hour long Happy Hour and still play the guitar.