September 07, 2006

Community Meeting

I did not attend the last community meeting by Leigh Fisher & Associates. Please note that it has now been added to the airport website:

http://www.ci.worcester.ma.us/air/pdf/ORHMasterPlanUpdate.pdf

Alot of the information in it, I have seen before. It is, however, a good summary and if I am reading this correctly (page 24), Leigh Fisher is recommending that we maintain FAA Part 139 certification (commercial air service). This, however, was recommended when we still had Allegiant, I wonder if this will change(General Aviation Airport) in their final recommendations.

Lets also hope that their Land development--market driven is a little more specific..We have waited three years for this Master Plan the report should address items like whether or not we should have another FBO or dedicate land development to corporate hangars.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You say "now been added to the airport web site" .It has been on there since June at www.flyworcester.com. I was at the meeting. it was pretty good,and I have reviewed it a couple of times since on the Web Site. However, I had hoped to get some more information about specific plans/ timelines for development up there. They said it was coming in the form of RFP 's for hangars and other services for planes/ pilots. These are due out this fall. It seemed as though their thoughts were not based on Allegiant being there. They are looking at the long range picture on the future of airline service in cooperation with the FAA Study.

Bill Randell said...

Jim:

I did not realize it was on the website until today and maybe some others were not as aware as you. thus I thought it was a good idea to let people know...

Sorry

Bill

Anonymous said...

As of this afternoon, Rockford has a new and vastly improved website.

My understanding is that Allegiant will make an announcement on Tuesday next week and Festival either Thurs. or Friday.

http://www.flyrfd.com/

Bill Randell said...

Allegiant will annouce St Pete's as their 2nd FLorida destination and ORH will not be in Festival Plans.

My prediction.