September 04, 2006

RFP's

Please note sometime RFP's can just be an excuse. "We are putting together an RFP on that". If I told you how many times I have heard that the last five years, you would be amazed. Check out last January Board Minutes in regards to the RFP for the Restaurant. Although it was 19 months ago and we must have gotten it back from MassPort, it has not been issued. Why?? The airport administration did not want to issue it unless there was some interest.

Believe me I can understand that they did not want to waste time, but what do you got to lose?? At the same time we tried to create some interest start talking about an RFP for the restaurant slot, maybe that would cause some interest. You do not own a plane, but I would imagine that a place to eat might even draw people to ORH??

We need to make sure that the RFP's for the land need to be put out in a timely way and make sure what is needed at ORH is requested.

Bill

No comments: