April 27, 2008

Bob Nemeth Column

What can I say? I agree 100% with everything Mr Nemeth had to say today. I only wish that he would not exaggerate:

  1. "MassPort has spent 15 million in deficit subsidies and operating expenses". It has been a substantial amount but everytime I try to calculate it, I come up with more like 7-8 million. We should still be very thankful to MassPort, but lets me accurate.
  2. "60,000 flight operations." That comes to 5,000 per month or 166 per day. This was explained once before that the flight school landings account for more then half the number.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill Wrote: "I agree 100% with everything Mr Nemeth had to say today"

Even this part?

"The only option for Worcester is Massport taking title of the facility — lock, stock and barrel. "

When did you change your position on finding other buyers?

Bill Randell said...

Anonymous:

Give me a break.


Okay there is one line I do not agree with 100%. I do however, feel we need to privatize ORH preferably through a long-term lease. We should also not limit ourselves to discussions with just MassPort.

Bill

Anonymous said...

"This was explained once before that the flight school landings account for more then half the number. "

What flight school?

Bill Randell said...

It used to be Amity, but I believe that they are gone now. Is Norwood up and running at ORH now???

I do not know.

Anonymous said...

Randell you're so full of sit it's unbelievable! You don't know what's going on up at the airport?

You left Tom Moore out to dry and didn't Peter Ring once work for Swissport?


ATC Pilot