July 31, 2008

Beef Kabobs

Come again? Yes, I said beef kabobs...

Started this airport endeavor four or five years ago after I read about the JetBlue business plan and how they wanted to feed hub airports from secondary airport like ORH, with the Embraer 190. At the time JetBlue was new and I thought that it was perfect for ORH, lets get in on the ground floor? At that point, I started trying to piece together information about our airport, what a nightmare, thus the initial website which has then morphed into this blog.

This has not worked out as planned and maybe I am partially to blame. Naively I had thought that this would be seen as an ally to the "powers to be" at the ORH, but instead it has been seen somehow as a threat? Although I laughed at Super Bore's comment about us silly bloggers, it really was kind of self-defeating. For the month of August, I am going to give the whole airport thing a break. Also I have heard rumors, that an airline from industry insiders, may be considering servicing ORH this winter. I do not want us silly bloggers blamed, if they decide not to come to ORH.

Beef kabobs!! I have tried them everywhere this summer.

Tonight I decided the key to a good beef kabob is to eat one three days after you was initially cooked. D'Errico's on Shrewsbury Street is the best and cheapest at $4.99 per kabob. Although you do need to pray that the seal is not broken bringing them home or you will have gallons of kabob juice smelling up your car for the next week.

I challenge you silly bloggers, even you Super Bore. Try a beef kabob from D'Errico's and don't forget to buy some fontinella cheese to nibble on while you are waiting for the main course. By the way:
  • 2nd place was Ed Hyders
  • 3rd was Emerald Meats.
Pick up some Middle Age Spread for cheese at the later two locations. Awesome but wicked expensive.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about Beef Kabobs, but you can't beat the Lamb Kebobs from Reliable/Near East Foods on Chandler Street ....right down the street from Chez Paulie's place... 'ol Shehag is a magician with Lamb Kebobs...

Harry Tembenis
Worcester, MA

Bill Randell said...

I knew Z Harry was going to say this.

Anonymous said...

Did you ever see the Saturday Night Live schtick with Tom Brady as the owner of Tom Brady's House of Fellafel? It absolutely killed! The theme song went a little something like this ... Ba...Ba...Ba...Baba....Ghanoush!! (as sung to the Beach Boys tune)

Although I can see Bill working on a spoof version which goes a little something like this...

Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Nemeth!
(feel free to fill in the rest of the lyrics you silly bloggers !!)

Harry Tembenis
Worcester,MA

Anonymous said...

Check out a picture of Road Warrior Paulie on his blog...

http://www.pauliespointofview.blogspot.com/

I have heard of Cover 'yer Ass , but does that picture depict a Collyer Ass????

:-0

"Z" Harry
Worcester,MA

Anonymous said...

Bill,
I think you should reconsider.

Given that LCCs are off the table for now given the macro environment, I'd suggest you push O'Brien/McGovern on the following issues:
-EAS grants for prop service to EWR, JFK or even LGA
-Massport and its motives for ORH management vs. others that may be better aligned with Worcester's long-term business interests. Going with Massport helps the purse-strings now, but will kill ORH commercially in the long run.

Roger

PS the access road thing from Nemeth is ridiculous. You should take heart that his opinion doesnt get too far anyway.