March 15, 2007

Telegram Editorial

Here is the latest Editorial on the airport. Now this is what I call conducting the negotiations in public. Considering that the past Airport Chairman and a Current Commissioner is Mr Nemeth, it is clear to see that the negotiation are aiming towards a long-term lease at a nominal amount ($1), where I imagine (as predicted numerous time here on the blog for months) MassPort will pick up both the operating deficit and debt service with an option to renew the lease.

I am still not sure, however, how Councilor Rosen "pressed City Manager Michael V O'Brien for details for talks". All anyone has to do is read today's Editorial for the details of the negotiations.

Finally, I am not saying that this is a bad thing. In fact I think this will be a huge improvement, although I would like to review the final agreement. My only wish was that we had conducted an RFP for the entire airport and had created interest from other potential suitors, not just MassPort.

No comments: