August 21, 2008

Social Service Programs

I owned and lived at 41 Richmond Ave for 4, or was it 5 years. We had one three decker around the corner (going towards Flagg Street), another next to the the pizza place down the street (name escapes me) and another one past that, which was recently torn down and replaced. Not to mention the new building next to Flagg Street school.

To be honest I have no idea, who ran any of them or even who their customers were. They did a great job at all of these places and fit right into the fabric of the neighborhood. Once the three decker around the corner from me had a problem and they sent a note out apologizing to everyone.

Before anyone accuses me of being against all of these programs, I am not. There are alot of good social service programs that serve a need and make our community a better place to live. On the other hand, there are others that are not run so well!!!

I do feel, however, that tax-paying neighbors need to know exactly what is going on. Matter of fact I think one of the main recommendations of the task force for sitting social service programs was the notification of abutters as to exactly what is being proposed.

Lastly, in retrospect I may have jumped the gun on this by posting the contents of this e-mail from my source without doing more homework. My fault and it will not happen again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill, I am surprised you didnt mention yesterday that Worc's regular letter to the editor writer penned & fulfilled his quarterly quota with a piece that's near & dear to our hearts.

This gentleman will again be published at about Thanksgiving at which time he will have fulfilled his 4X annual quota for letters to the editor.