June 21, 2010

Eric's update on open house

Hi Everyone,


We had about 25 people show up for the Junction Studios open house on Friday, about a dozen or so were actively looking for studio workspace in Worcester. I provided preliminary floorplans, a FAQ and a survey at the Open House and copies of the docs are attached FYI. Copies have also been posted to Google Docs at:

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B2DfYsxFTc05ZmRhYjU5MTMtMWU3Zi00MWY1LThiYjgtYjdlMGJmMDQwOWIx&hl=en

(This is my first try at posting docs publicly on Google Docs – let me know how it works). The drawings and FAQ answer a lot of the questions asked earlier.

If you are an artist looking for space, please fill out and return the survey to ARTS Worcester no later Friday, July 2, 2010. Besides providing me with valuable information on the proposed design and operation of Junction Studios, completion of the survey will ensure your entrance into the initial tenant lottery should the space be oversubscribed.



Thanks,



Eric K.

Worc., MA

3 comments:

Jahn said...

I was actaully on Herman St today for the first time in ages. I had to visit Mechanics Bliss. I did observe 47 Herman St.

I kinda scratched my head as I drove by and thought to myself..........PARKING........and i know what a PIA Parking is on that street from visiting M. Bliss on ocassion.

The appearance to me and again I say apearance was that the building footprint takes up 99.99% of the site.

So I just wondered what the plans are for parking? Was it 27 studios planned plus customer parking? I certainly hope no one is going to pull a "Worc Common Grd" like the Old paino factory at MAY and MAin or the other no parking foolishness at Piedmont and Main St.

Anonymous said...

Jahn,

I hear you (and others) about the need for parking at Junction Studios. I'm working on securing off street parking for both tenants and visitors and will provide add'l detail when available.

Eric K.
Worc., MA

Jahn said...

Seeing as how GMTA, I am guessing that church parking lot looks very inviting?

Yesterday they were having a yard sale of sorts there.

M Bliss has one parking space in front of their building good for 15mins only. First time I have been there and no other customers were in the place. This tells me and I also know from my exp. going to M. Bliss that parking on that street is a major issue. Luckliy I have never had to park there in the winter.