January 16, 2009

Avports

Over the past year I have been in touch with a guy from AvPorts. They are in the airport management business, there is a good presentation on their site about them. Here are a few airports that they manage:

  1. Albany
  2. New Haven
  3. Westchester
  4. Teterboro
  5. Atlantic City
Recently AvPorts was bought out by another company, which should actually bode well for Avports. The other day my contact there told me that he would come up if someone wanted to talk to them? I have forwarded the e-mail to the City Manager.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting story in today's T&G about the possibility of a firm leasing land at the airport for a solar panel farm.
Firm willing to pay $15,000 to $20,000 per acre annually +taxes for 150 acre parcel. At the low end of $15,00 per acre that would equate to $2,250,000 annually + taxes.
My question would be should the city keep this potential cash cow for itself and end its partnership with MassPort, and forget about commercial jets. My answer would be yes. Looks like a no brainer to me

Jon

Bill Randell said...

Jon:

We reported here on the blog January 7th.

Bill