April 20, 2006

Airtran Ad

I picked up the Boston Globe today and found a large Airtran ad that reminded me of the JetBlue ad, but there was no identical Airtran ad in the Worcester Telegram. In other words, it is not an automatic that if an airline advertises in the Boston Globe that they take out the same ad in the Worcester Telegram, which is owned by the same company as the Boston Globe. Evidently the underlying airline will determine whether or not the benefits justify the costs.

JetBlue, on the other hand, spends the additional monies to advertise in the Worcester Telegram. What does that tells us?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw an AirTran ad in the Telegram today...It was on the main page, and it was close to the last page

Bill Randell said...

sorry--didn't see it

Anonymous said...

it wasnt that big, and it wasn't in color, so I was lucky myself to see it..I only noticed it because my little cousin was standing over me, and he said "hey look, we flew on that plane (AirTran) when we went to Florida"