Passenger traffic at Stewart International Airport is on track to do what officials predicted, which is to nearly triple 2006's rate. January's numbers were reported Tuesday by Stewart officials. A total of 61,429 people boarded or deplaned, up 168 percent from the 22,892 of January 2006.
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
It's nice to have private industry operate your airport. See the results at Stewart. They have to produce or perish.
Now the port authority is taking it over. 10 years from now they'll be begging the private operator to come back after the political hacks run the place into the ground with their overpaid employees abusing sick days, abusing I.O.D., lifetime health ins, Booze Cruises, and pilaging the public pension system.
I assume Stewart was run by the political establishment prior to seeling it to a private operator?
Nessun dorma
-
On tomorrow night’s city council agenda, the city manager is proposing a
new (or perhaps expanded) ordinance about camping on public property, item
8.19A. ...
An Economics Professor Visits the National Parks
-
This is a blob post from an economics professor at the University of
Rochester, who spent the summer with some students in Kentucky and comments
on visitin...
Congratulations to Nobel Laureate Richard Thaler!
-
It should surprise no one, and delight everyone, that Richard Thaler has
won this year’s Nobel in economics. Congratulations! Thaler is a big reason
I pe...
SKEWED vs. SEX
-
SEX in skirts. SEX in hair. SEX surely shivers in ice cubes and swims
through Kahlua, but I never could find it.
When I was in 8th grade, a teacher showed...
Sprout has closed.
-
I just want to confirm what many of you know, it is with deep sadness and
regret that we have closed Sprout. Cathy's cancer has returned and it is no
longe...
1 comment:
It's nice to have private industry operate your airport. See the results at Stewart. They have to produce or perish.
Now the port authority is taking it over. 10 years from now they'll be begging the private operator to come back after the political hacks run the place into the ground with their overpaid employees abusing sick days, abusing I.O.D., lifetime health ins, Booze Cruises, and pilaging the public pension system.
I assume Stewart was run by the political establishment prior to seeling it to a private operator?
Post a Comment