May 08, 2009

South Worcester NRSA-rejected again

Five months ago I submitted an application fpor $4,500 to do a roof and side a property that I own on Southgate Street through the South Worcester NRSA. Since that time I was told;
  • my application was rejected since I did not live in the house and it was mailed backwith my check of $150
  • I contested this since I did not see how owner occupancy was a requirement and I knew other NRSA's accepted applications for non-owner occupants since they were more concerned with the income of the tenants.

  • After going back and forth, it was agreed that not being owner occupied did not disqualify me and I could resubmit my application.

  • I was then told the application was being revised and I would have to resubmit the application with the new paperwork and instead of $150 application fee, I would have to pay $450 ($150 per unit)

  • It was was then agreed that it only was $150

  • After questioning where the new application was , I was told that there was no new appplication but to resubmit my initial application with a check for $150

  • Last week I was told that I needed to submit my tax returns. After some discussion it was agreed that I did not have to submit my tax returns since I did not live in the property and the city only needed to track the income of whom the project actually actually lived there.

Finally after five months, I thought it was finally done.

Wednesday, I got an e-mail that the South Worcester NRSA would not accept applications from "absentee" home-owners and my application would be returned for a second time with my check.

9 comments:

Rich Greenhalgh said...

I'm sure Vanessa wouldn't mind you moving in.

Bill Randell said...

Rich:

Good point. We have State Senators represent districts that they do not live in and people vote in districts that they do not live in, I might as well just say I live there?

Bill

signman said...

Bill

Who is the business group that is working with South Worcester. Who is they or he that is rejecting this. Did you piss someone off over there and they want you to go away so "they" can do what they want with the money? They can say there is no interest?What is absentee home owner mean? We in the Chandler NSRA have done several ones so far and have been successful. I do not understand? Are NSRA guidelines different in each area? I thought it all fell under HUD guide lines? I am confused

Jahn said...

Give one tenant a .0001% interest in the property, take back mortgage.............when they default you get back their interest..............on 2nd thot ......prob not worth the legal fees involved.

It's also a good way to PO Clark Univ......as property owners in that area get free tuition for their kids and it doesnt say what portion of the property that they have to own.

Bill can you say EONS??? What about all the horse++++ those clowns pull.

E.g. they offer up RFP's for tax title lots and state they will give each builder UP TO $25,000 per unit in Home Funds if they go NOLO with their project on their winning bid. Builder wins the bid....goes NOLO.....gets Home funds..............and they then give the builder MORE than the maximum $25,000 Homes Funds Amount..............I mean WTF?????

Then there this little "Musical Chairs" game that some plugged in NOLO builders play to get fed'l funds to clean up their polluted lots.........

Anonymous said...

Bill, time to update the home page re: Direct flights & times. I was at ORH last nite --like a ghost town.
ben

Bill Randell said...

you right sorry

Bill

NOT good to hear

Anonymous said...

What time did you go Ben? Between Noon and 6pm the airport was highly active including two Direct Air Flights and general aviation.

David Z. said...

A new restaurant is going in at the airport. Here is the link to the latest Pulse magazine with a short mention of it. You need to scroll about half way down.

http://www.thepulsemag.com/wordpress/2009/05/0509-hot-now

Jahn said...

David, re: City Sq, I think you said we were supposed to get add'l announcements about other tenants when the UNUM deal was sealed?

AM I being too impatient?