May 27, 2009

Telegram Letter to the Editor

Recently, my wife and I returned from Myrtle Beach on board Worcester Regional Airport’s newest airline, Direct Air. We found Direct Air’s service to be comfortable and friendly, and a convenient alternative to flying out of Boston or Providence.

I have always been a huge supporter of Worcester airport, and my most recent experience reinforced why I have remained supportive. If service continues to be implemented successfully in Worcester, it will allow the airport to increase its potential of returning as a preferred choice for people planning to travel in the region.

This may be the airport’s final chance at becoming a major player in New England. I believe that with careful selection of airlines and destinations, and with the support of the greater Worcester area, specifically those involved in making the long-term decisions for the airport, it can happen.

If Worcester is a city looking for a revival and distinction in the region, it must have a viable commercial airport.

TIMOTHY MacDONALD

4 comments:

tim macdonald said...

Thanks Bill for putting my letter on your blog. I really hope Direct Air makes it and I hope to fly them again.

Also, have you heard of Jet America? They are a new airline looking to expand in secondary airports like ORH.

Bill Randell said...

Jet America is the same guy from Skybus...

Only hear good things about the founder (forgot his name), but Skybus???

tim macdonald said...

I know the airline failed but I thought he left well before Skybus went out of Business.

Anonymous said...

Article on JetAmerica:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/New-lowcost-airline-targets-apf-15348934.html?.v=5

Harry T
Worcester,MA